This tool is developed by Cisco Systems. This tool allows its users to create network topologies and imitate computer networks. Cisco packet tracer allows its users to simulate the composition of routers and changes it using the simulated order line interface. The system uses a drag and drop interface, this allows users to remove or add simulated device networks as they fit. The software’s main focus is to help students learn the fundamentals of certified Cisco network associate academy (CCNA). Students enrolled to CCNAcan download Cisco packet tracer for free but since August 2018, Cisco packet tracer download is free, for everyone.
It’s contribution to education:
This system allows the students to learn how to design complex and large networks. This is not possible with other physical hardware due to high cost. Since the packet tracer download is free for CCNA students, thus, it is mainly used by them. But due to many problems, Cisco has limited this system only for learning purposes, not at all for it to replace Cisco switched and routers. The system has a limited command set which means that it is not possible for us to execute every IOS command set.
Where can we download the Cisco Packet Tracer?
In windows, there is a large number of websites from where you can download packet tracer. There are also several sources from you can download Cisco packet tracer for Linux as well, that too for free. Cisco has also developed mobile apps for this as well. In Android, you can download this system from the play store for absolutely free. On the other hand, it’s the same for iOS, you can download the packet tracer for free from the apple store.
Advantages of Cisco Packet Tracer:
There is a large number of advantages of using Cisco packet tracer:
- Easy to use – the interface of this system is quite friendly for the user. It is quite easy to use and can be used at any place you want.
- Enables configuration – It enables its users to resemble the configuration of Cisco routers.
- Easy learning – Makes teaching way easier as it is free, plus it provides a multiuser environment for instructions.
- Advanced learnaing – it provides an advanced learning environment which is way beyond the standard networking technology.
- Practical learning – this system provides a practical learning experience for the student, away from all the classrooms.
As said before, technology is progressing every single day, new and new apps are taking the technology industry by the storm, but Cisco packet tracer has done quite a good job in maintaining its prestige in the market even though there are many more apps like this available in the market.
Get Started with Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1:
- Download Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1 from below link.
- Run the installer and proceed with on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Firstly, you will ask to log in to the Cisco Packet Tracer. If you don’t have an account, log in as a guest.
- The main window of the tool will look like this.
- You can access all its tools from the top bar, left-hand bar, and bottom bar.
Cisco Packet Tracer System Requirements:
Intel Pentium 4, 3.0 GHz or better is required. It needs at least 1GB Hard Disk, 500 MB RAM, sound card, and speakers
Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1 Download Links:
- Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1 for Windows 32-bit (120.9 MiB, 296 hits)
- Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1 for Windows 64-bit (128.6 MiB, 376 hits)
- Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1 for Linux 64-bit (151.4 MiB, 291 hits)
Most Related Posts:
- Download Skype Voice Changer
- How to Use Screen Mirroring Roku
- What is Akamai Netsession Client
- Download Hotstar for PC
- Mystic Messenger Email Guide
Finally, hope you have got a clear understanding of the Cisco Packet Tracer and much more. And, If you face any difficulty regarding the installation, can comment on the below section provided. Share If you like our page on social networking sites. Therefore, for more information, visit itechedict at any time. ThankYou!!