Windows Modules Installer Worker is an error in the Windows 10 and 8.1 especially. It occurs when Windows Module Installer tool becomes unresponsive in task manager and result in high CPU usage. This is one of the common errors that occur in Windows 10 and 8.1, due to this the CPU becomes sluggish and your computer performance will drop.
Most of you who have used windows must be familiar with What is Windows Modules Installer Worker? For those out there who have still not encountered this problem here is a brief outlook.
What is Windows Modules Installer Worker?
- 1 What is Windows Modules Installer Worker?
- 2 Is this a Virus?
- 3 Solution to Windows Module Installer Worker Windows 10 Problem
- 4 First Method: Change Your Update Settings to Manual Settings
- 5 Second Method: Use Windows Update trouble Shooter or fix TiWorker. Exe
- 6 Third Method: Clean Boot:
- 7 Fourth Method: Change your Connection to Metered:
- 8 Watch the Video for Clear Information
- 9 More Related Posts:
Windows Modules Installer worker is a process within the system which looks out for new system updates released by windows time to time. It runs in the backend and keeps the windows system updated by installing the several releases made by the company, thus enhancing your system. For most of these updates restart of your system is not required and is completed in the background without interrupting your work.
It can be seen running with the file name TiWorker.exe in your task manager. But sometimes the system glitches happen and Windows modules installer worker high CPU usage happens, which result in freezing your system or slowing down the processes. Now you may have understood what is windows modules installer worker and would be looking for a solution.
Sometimes it is best to let your system handle the issue itself as it may be due to a heavy installation update. But if this happening frequently and your work is hindered because of this and you are looking for a way out, there are some solutions available which one can try to get rid of this issue.
Is this a Virus?
The first question that many people ask when such error or problem arises in their system is that whether TiWorker.exe is a malware or virus which has affected their system. But to clarify this, up till now there has been no virus which has been linked with it. It is just a small system error that occurs due to the automatic update system which was given for our convenience so that the updates can happen in the backend themselves and the user is not troubled by installing all the updates. Though due to some heavy system and software updates the system becomes slow, freezes and our CPU usage reaches to more than 50 % sometimes by just this software only.
Solution to Windows Module Installer Worker Windows 10 Problem
A freeze in the system is of no use. If due to the high CPU usage by Tiworker.Exe your computer is becoming slow or is hanging, again and again, you should try these techniques. Windows module Installer Worker Windows 10 problem can be solved using these methods which have been tried and tested by many:
First Method: Change Your Update Settings to Manual Settings
As we already know that cause to the problem is due to the automatic updates that keep happening in the background, so if we change the setting of updates and make them manual then you can do these updates at your own convenience hence not hindering your work in the process. The process to do so is:
- First of all, Press Window + R and type services.msc and press enter.
- A new window will open, now look out for the “Windows module installer” and open the Settings for the same.
- Change the start type to manual. Now repeat this same step for the Windows Update service.
- Open Control Panel and start Windows Update.
- In this window on the left side, you will see the option of Change Settings. Change it to “Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them”.
- Now reboot your system.
Second Method: Use Windows Update trouble Shooter or fix TiWorker. Exe
Sometimes the problem still persists even after changing the settings to manual, in such scenario the problem lies with TiWorker.exe. So we need to fix it by troubleshooting the windows update tool. The process is as follows:
- First of all search for Windows Update Troubleshooter and download it now run the WindowsUpdateDiagnostric.diagcab on it.
- This will lead the software to search for the registry keys and to resolve the problems. It can take up a little time so you need to the patient so don’t close the window.
- When the troubleshooting is finished a message should say “Troubleshooting has completed”.
- Close the tool and now restart your system.
Third Method: Clean Boot:
If the problem still persists, doing a clean boot is also a good option. This is done by using the Windows Configuration tool which is present in each version of windows. This tool helps you in finding the temporary and unwanted files that are present on your system. By deleting these files you can free up space in your CPU, which can improve the performance of your system quite a lot. It will also help in cleaning up your system of unwanted processes.
Fourth Method: Change your Connection to Metered:
Now the last resort that one can take and which will definitely work is that you restrict your internet usage. In this, you get a limited data plan on all your connections so that automatic updates don’t follow through. This is one of the fastest and easiest solutions to Windows Module Installer Worker High CPU usage error.
Watch the Video for Clear Information
More Related Posts:
- WinZip Activation Code
- How to Book Jio DTH Setup Box
- Sparkol VideoScribe Whiteboard Animation
- SData Tool 64GB Free Download
These methods are tried and tested methods by many users and will definitely help you in solving your problem that has aroused due to Windows modules installer. The question that we understood in this article is what is windows modules installer and we even discussed some solutions that are available for the same. So if you are a Windows 10 user or Windows 8/ 7, and get stuck on this problem you can use these solutions to get rid of the problem immediately.